Shortly after entering the Shoeper Shoe Challenge back in 2011 I decided to start keeping track of a shoe wishlist.
Since I last updated the list some things have changed, while others have remained the same.
– Up until today I haven’t found a pair of brown court shoes that both please me and are available in my size. Since I’m an autumn type and brown is a typical autumnal colour, this kinda worries me.
I did find a pair of leopard print court shoes that work well with most of my outfits that feature brown as a primary colour and for the rest I made do with cognac or tan boots during winter, brown sandals and nude peep toes during summer and nude slingbacks in spring and autumn, but it is still making do…
– The fact that I still haven’t found any grey suede boots worries me less, since they are more of a nice to have than I must have in my book;
I’ve added a pair of brown boots to the boots-search since I have such a hard time finding a pair that suits me and I would like to have a new pair before the current pair is no longer fit to wear. Luckily I take such good care of my collection that I don’t have to replace them every single year.
– Still no red or back slingbacks, although I must admit I haven’t really looked for slingbacks anymore. I kinda forgot about wanting to add these to my collection… I might still add a pair of red ones for the in-between-seasons weather, but I’m going to throw the black ones from the list
– I found a gorgeous pair of court shoes with denim uppers and a cork stiletto heel from my (still) all time favourite brand Tamaris and they are even prettier than the ones I had been chasing down but were never available in my size.
Turns out they only started at 37, which isn’t uncommon with shoes with a significant heel or platform.
– I managed to buy two more pairs of summery wedges: a lilac one and a black peeptoe one. Since wedges are so comfortable I expect that some of my future summer shoes will be wedges.
– I’m looking to replace my silver sandals, since they probably won’t last more than another summer. I used to have an aversion to metal coloured sandals, but I can now appreciate their versatility
Since I changed jobs, I no longer have about 700 shoe stores at lunch break distance, so my collection hasn’t grown as much over the past few years as it would have a few years back.
I do hop by the two local little shopping areas to check out new collections, sales, special actions,.. but between those two shopping areas there are only 5 or 6 shoe stores…
My latest additions are
– a pair of black Mary Janes and nude sling backs, both from Tamaris, bought at the Torfs stock sale. Torfs has a similar sale in their warehouses twice a year and I try to pass by them if it fits my agenda. You have to have luck at your side in finding something during those sales, but so far I have found 2 pairs of shoes about once every second time I go there.
Both pairs of shoes were bought to replace similar shoes that have served their time.
– the jeans and the white flats in the below picture. They are ideal for when my ankle acts up in summer and I’m stuck with wearing flats only. They are cute enough to work with a dress and are ideal for summer festivals and such. That is why each year I go to the store where they sell them to make sure that I have at least one white and one black pair and to add any other colours that I fancy and they have in their collection for that year.
Right after taking this picture and storing all shoes again in their boxes in the cupboard, I realised I also have a lilac pair. But I couldn’t really convince myself to go to the attic to go and find them and redo the picture, so you’ll just have to believe me on that one 😉